Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #287: Find My Pet US

AYXAcademy
Alteryx
Alteryx

A solution to last week's challenge can be found here."Sweet Pets" by Gallery Sweet Spot is marked under CC PDM 1.0. To view the terms, visit https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/"Sweet Pets" by Gallery Sweet Spot is marked under CC PDM 1.0. To view the terms, visit https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/

Find My Pet US is a platform that helps animal owners find their lost pets in animal shelters in the United States. Find My Pet US wants to expand its business. A data analyst hired by the company is researching various scenarios.

One of the scenarios investigated by the data Analyst includes the following two conditions:

• Pet owners who are offering a reward equal and over $2,700, and;
• Pet owners living within 500 miles from the shelter where the pet is.

The dataset “Pet_info” contains information about the pets. The dataset “Animal_Rewards” lists the rewards associated with the animal ID. The dataset “Owner_Info” provides information about the owners.

Use the datasets to find out which animal owners to target based on the two conditions of this scenario.

Aaron_Harter
11 - Bolide

Ace Ventura, Pet Data Detective

Spoiler
1.PNG
ace.png

Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula
Spoiler
I typically run workflows frequently as I'm building them to make sure the data is flowing through as expected. This week, I added the additional challenge of adding all of my tools to the canvas before hitting ctrl + r. To my surprise, I was successful in solving this challenge with only this one run! 

Kenda_0-1632748031301.png

Blake
12 - Quasar

Homeward Bound!

Spoiler
287.png
JasonHu
8 - Asteroid

Here is my submission.

Spoiler
workflow.png
binuacs
20 - Arcturus
Spoiler
binuacs_0-1632750752661.png

alexnajm
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Let's find all the lost pets!

Spoiler
challenge_287_start_file_Alex Abi-Najm.PNG
Maskell_Rascal
13 - Pulsar

Fun spatial challenge to start the week! Here is my solution. 

Spoiler
Maskell_Rascal_0-1632750379389.png

Cheers!

Phil

Luke_C
17 - Castor
Spoiler
Luke_C_0-1632750627358.png

JITHINPR
8 - Asteroid

mySolution