Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #287: Find My Pet US

BHowland
6 - Meteoroid
Spoiler
2021-09-28_8-37-52.png2021-09-28_8-39-37.png

  

kelly_gilbert
13 - Pulsar

(Replying to this message)

@ryan-bush - in this case, we only need to compare the distance for owners and pets that belong to each other, so joining on Animal ID first and then doing the distance calc on just the ones that match is going to be much more efficient. There are 1,000 owners and 998 pets in the input data, but only 46 match each other, so we really only need to perform the distance calculation on those 46.

By using the trade area / spatial match, the workflow is having to compare all of the pets to all of the owners to see if they're within the trade area (plus, that gives you some owners matching to the wrong pets, just because they happened to be within 500 mi).

tammybrown_tds
8 - Asteroid

My manager is starting to have us do these challenges as part of a team-building exercise.  So fun!!!

My cats were wondering, however, why I was spending so much time looking for other peoples' dogs.  🙂

Spoiler
tammybrown_tds_0-1632847357936.png

MichaelPilotFreight
8 - Asteroid

Check out my solution!

kceleven11
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
kceleven11_1-1632857788330.png

EW
11 - Bolide

A pet challenge means I should include my Alteryx cat picture, right?  

fuzzymatch.PNG

My solution:

Spoiler
287_EW.PNG
AHymore
6 - Meteoroid

A bit different than other submissions but results are the same. 🙂

pedrodrfaria
13 - Pulsar
Spoiler
Here is my Solution:
Sebastiaandb