Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #287: Find My Pet US

kelly_gilbert
13 - Pulsar

My solution is similar to some of the others. See inside the spoiler for some performance analysis.

Spoiler
kelly_gilbert_3-1632763973860.png

I noticed that only a small percentage of the Pet and Owner records joined, so I wondered which would be better for run time: 1) using a Join Multiple to join all of the datasets together at once, or 2) filtering the rewards data first, to reduce the number of records in that join (since we only care about records where the reward is over the threshold). Option 2 is implemented above.

I made the datasets larger by generating additional Animal Ids (so each dataset had about 2.6 M records, with approximately the same join rate).

With 20 runs each, option 1 averaged about 25% faster than option 2 (but not significantly). 
Option 1: mean=8.9 s, stdev=1.34
Option 2: mean=12.2 s, stdev=1.51 

Michael_McKee
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Fun.  Great way to start the week.

Spoiler
Capture.PNG

Alo_Erick
7 - Meteor
Spoiler
Alo_Erick_0-1632769273504.png

TonyA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Nice way to start the week.

Spoiler
TonyA_0-1632774056803.png

ryan-bush
Alteryx
Alteryx

I went with a Trade Area tool having a 500 mile radius followed by a Spatial Match, which seems to be unique to this thread. Is there a particular reason to go with the Distance Tool instead? A limitation that I wasn't considering?

Spoiler
287_Spoiler.PNG
barnap03
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
barnap03_0-1632776886951.png

Zas3nfkb
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Weekly Challenge 9-27.jpg

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

It has been while for spatial challenge.

Spoiler
challenge_287.PNG
Jbone
8 - Asteroid

My solution

Spoiler
Capture.PNG

perrysarah
5 - Atom

My solution