Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #287: Find My Pet US

AYXAcademy
Alteryx
Alteryx

A solution to last week's challenge can be found here."Sweet Pets" by Gallery Sweet Spot is marked under CC PDM 1.0. To view the terms, visit https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/"Sweet Pets" by Gallery Sweet Spot is marked under CC PDM 1.0. To view the terms, visit https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/

Find My Pet US is a platform that helps animal owners find their lost pets in animal shelters in the United States. Find My Pet US wants to expand its business. A data analyst hired by the company is researching various scenarios.

One of the scenarios investigated by the data Analyst includes the following two conditions:

• Pet owners who are offering a reward equal and over $2,700, and;
• Pet owners living within 500 miles from the shelter where the pet is.

The dataset “Pet_info” contains information about the pets. The dataset “Animal_Rewards” lists the rewards associated with the animal ID. The dataset “Owner_Info” provides information about the owners.

Use the datasets to find out which animal owners to target based on the two conditions of this scenario.

Aaron_Harter
11 - Bolide

Ace Ventura, Pet Data Detective

Spoiler
1.PNG
ace.png

Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula
Spoiler
I typically run workflows frequently as I'm building them to make sure the data is flowing through as expected. This week, I added the additional challenge of adding all of my tools to the canvas before hitting ctrl + r. To my surprise, I was successful in solving this challenge with only this one run! 

Kenda_0-1632748031301.png

Blake
12 - Quasar

Homeward Bound!

Spoiler
287.png
JasonHu
8 - Asteroid

Here is my submission.

Spoiler
workflow.png
binuacs
20 - Arcturus
Spoiler
binuacs_0-1632750752661.png

alexnajm
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Let's find all the lost pets!

Spoiler
challenge_287_start_file_Alex Abi-Najm.PNG
Maskell_Rascal
13 - Pulsar

Fun spatial challenge to start the week! Here is my solution. 

Spoiler
Maskell_Rascal_0-1632750379389.png

Cheers!

Phil

Luke_C
17 - Castor
Spoiler
Luke_C_0-1632750627358.png

JITHINPR
8 - Asteroid

mySolution