Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #286: Who turned the lights off?

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor
Spoiler
patrick_digan_0-1632155307722.png

balajilolla
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Solution Attached

balajilolla_0-1632155403051.png

TonyA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Excellent Beginner challenge. Took a minute to figure out how to remap the Operative column.

Spoiler
TonyA_0-1632157209162.png 

thanyasch
6 - Meteoroid
Spoiler
Challenge 286.PNG
Justin_B
8 - Asteroid

Spoiler
justin_butler_0-1632172114606.png

💡

mike_w
8 - Asteroid

Initially I got slightly different results, and the reason is, when more than one Animal appears in an Article Title entry, apparently the first animal alphabetically is the one that counts. Example: One Article Title entry reads "Game of cat and mouse blacks out city", but only cat counts here, in order to get to the results provided. It really depends on the interpretation of each entry: Is the meaning here that literally one (or more!?) cats were hunting some mice? Then BOTH should be counted, right?! Or is the meaning perhaps totally different, it's just used as a metaphor for hunting down the error, something like that? Then NO animal would count - at least not cats or mice, maybe it was a cat and mouse game with some other animal that caused the blackout.

Just sayin' 😜

Spoiler
mike_w_0-1632174150941.png

kendi
11 - Bolide

I don't know if the way i did is best way possible, it was harder than I expected.

Spoiler
kendi_1-1632175667283.png

ryan-bush
Alteryx
Alteryx

Real barn burner of a challenge

DaisukeTsuchiya
13 - Pulsar
Spoiler
キャプチャ.JPG
JasonHu
8 - Asteroid