Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #280: Weather Permitting

aakashraj
7 - Meteor

Here is my approach to challenge.

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi,

I am not sure if this is really intermediate level 😀 That was an easy one!

Emil_Kos_0-1628751326424.png

MatthewBr
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Problem could have consolidated the number of formulas but this got the job done.

jpl5253
7 - Meteor
Spoiler
Spoiler

Solution attached

nickkw
5 - Atom
Spoiler
Spoiler
nickkw_1-1628786409236.png

Attached my solution, learning to use function DateTimeFormat([Date/Time],'%___) and IF THEN ELSE ENDIF, good exercise! 

kelly_gilbert
13 - Pulsar

This one was fun, and super interesting to think through! My solution is similar to many others, except I added workflow constants for the work-from-home days, temperature threshold, and distances (to make it easy to change those if Marie moves, changes her schedule, or changes her weather preference!

Spoiler
Note that one day (6/30) has a missing temp. It looks like the solution counts that as a biking day, so I did the same.

kelly_gilbert_0-1628789423996.png

I am cold intolerant, so I would have to add a lower threshold for my biking days (e.g. drive if it is < 8C or > 28C)!

Dan_garibaldi
5 - Atom

Problem: there is one null value in one record of max temp, no directions on how to deal with that. (up to user), and the problem says she'll drive when temp gets to 28 degrees. This is technically ambiguous but will assume this means when it gets to 28 or below, she drives. 

I believe the output in the initial file provided is showing days biked when its below 28 (which doesnt really make sense). Anyways, it was a great practice problem.

garinmartik
5 - Atom

Solution attached.

MJ
8 - Asteroid

Fun challenge 🙂

Spoiler
Round trip!
mj_280_solution.jpg
RashedDS
8 - Asteroid

My solution