community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcement | Get certified today - take the Alteryx Designer Core and Advanced exams on-demand now!
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.

Challenge #28: Formatting Morningstar Data

Alteryx Partner

Another good practice for data prep

Spoiler
image.png
Asteroid

Meteor

Alteryx Certified Partner

Nice data parsing challenge. 

Spoiler
I first started by isolating the date field on line 1. With this, I simply used Regex to parse out the date.
With the remaining records, I skipped the top two rows using the "Sample" tool then created a multi-row formula so I could have the ShareClass on every row, removed the null rows, dynamically renamed from the top row and then appended the dates.
Nice.

Workflow.PNGResults.PNG

Highlighted
Asteroid

My solution

Spoiler
challenge 28 solution Eleonora Nazander.JPG
Alteryx Partner

Nice prep and cleanse

Spoiler
Here is my solution, personally I think it could be made more simple than this:
2019-05-20 17_59_21-Alteryx Designer x64 - challenge_28_solution_verakso.yxmd.pngMy Solution

Still on my way to Lhotse Face

/Verakso

Asteroid

My solution

Asteroid

Here's my solution. This just shows how easy data prep is in Alteryx.

Spoiler
Challenge 28.PNG
Meteor

My Solution.

Really enjoyed this challenge. Put the dynamic input and testing tool to good use.

Hope everyone enjoys my process :D

Asteroid

I loved this one because of the simplicity but yet the different ways you can get the same results.