Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #28: Formatting Financial Data

T_Willins
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

My solution.

This post has been edited by Community Moderation to redact sensitive attachments. The original attachment has been replaced by post_placeholder.txt.

PhilBalderson
8 - Asteroid

Done.

This post has been edited by Community Moderation to redact sensitive attachments. The original attachment has been replaced by post_placeholder.txt.

PhilBalderson
8 - Asteroid

Done.

shawnbres
5 - Atom

Can someone explain the formula below?

if isnull([Fund]) then [TNA Latest
month-end ($mil)] else [Row-1:ShareClass] endif

Particularly the "month-end ($mil)" portion.

Thank you

hbraunius
8 - Asteroid

My solution attached. 

TonyA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Here's my solution

TonyA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@shawnbres Notice that "TNA Latestmonth-end ($mil)" appears between square brackets. That means the entire string is actually the name of the field. If you look at it in a browse tool you won't see the entire field name because it's too long to fit in the column width. If the field was named "X" instead of "TNA Latestmonth-end ($mil)" then the formula would be:

if isnull([Fund]) then [X] else [Row-1:ShareClass] endif

nnilz
8 - Asteroid

Solution attached

Alekh
9 - Comet

jdemeaux
8 - Asteroid

there's probably a way to make it more efficient but this is what I came with