We've recently made an accessibility improvement to the community and therefore posts without any content are no longer allowed. Please use the spoiler feature or add a short message in the message body in order to submit your weekly challenge.
We are currently experiencing an issue with Email verification at this time and working towards a solution. Should you encounter this issue, please click on the "Send Verification Button" a second time and the request should go through. If the issue still persists for you, please email support@alteryx.com for assistance.

Weekly Challenge

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

We're actively looking for ideas on how to improve Weekly Challenges and would love to hear what you think!

Submit Feedback

Challenge #275: Greatest Common Denominator

AkimasaKajitani
15 - Aurora

My solution.

Spoiler
AkimasaKajitani_0-1625583965024.png

Outer Iterative Macro
AkimasaKajitani_1-1625584015412.png

Inner Iterative Macro (For getting GCD)
AkimasaKajitani_2-1625584028670.png
balajilolla
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Solution Attached

balajilolla_0-1625590338611.png

apathetichell
16 - Nebula
Spoiler
four summarize tools do the heavy lifting..
phottovy
12 - Quasar

My solution:

Spoiler
I ended up using an iterative macro that follows the example of Euclid's algorithm from this link:

Greatest Common Factor (GCF, HCF, GCD) Calculator 

275.png

achillesjing
7 - Meteor

Here is my solution.

Kenda
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora
Spoiler
Kenda_0-1625597363564.png

TonyA
Alteryx
Alteryx

If there were more types of materials, I would have done this as a nested macro, but simpler here to just use the macro twice.

Spoiler
TonyA_0-1625600192162.png

TonyA_4-1625600812606.png
ggruccio
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

275!  Have we reached the summit?

Spoiler
Simple if you know how to use the Mod function.  Generated rows and divided by the row count to get Mod = 0 then only took the records that joined and used the Max.

ggruccio_0-1625601782545.png

youngk313
8 - Asteroid

I have one easy solution which was getting the minimum difference between volumes. This makes the assumption that all datasets will have this format.

To be more general I created a Python script that checks the GCD for each group of volumes. 

JasonHu
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
workflow.png

Here is my submission.