We've recently made an accessibility improvement to the community and therefore posts without any content are no longer allowed. Please use the spoiler feature or add a short message in the message body in order to submit your weekly challenge.
We are updating the requirements for Community registration. As of 7/21/21 all users will be required to register a phone number with their My Alteryx accounts. If you have already registered, you will be prompted on your next login to add your phone number.

Weekly Challenge

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

We're actively looking for ideas on how to improve Weekly Challenges and would love to hear what you think!

Submit Feedback

Challenge #273: Filling In The Blanks

dYoast
6 - Meteoroid

After I found the right setting for the Multi-Row formula, everything came into place.

Now to look at others!

amanda_payne
7 - Meteor
Spoiler
amanda_payne_0-1624397754613.png

 

joelmiller66
7 - Meteor
Spoiler
Challenge 273 Image 2.png
Eilean_
8 - Asteroid

rt

ShwetaSharma
5 - Atom

Done

thepontiacbandit
5 - Atom

Spoilers

 

 

dilip_yadav
5 - Atom

My First Attempt

KarolinaRoza
11 - Bolide
Spoiler
KarolinaRoza_0-1624454091415.png

 

 

Very nice challenge 🙂

nini
8 - Asteroid

nini_0-1624457101756.png

 

euanwilson
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
So to start two summarize tools were used. One to calculate the start date for each client and another to calculate the last date for the data set. Append fields was just used to join the two together so each client number had the date it first appeared and the last date. 

Generate rows was just used to create the intermediate dates between the first and last date of each client. Once those rows were generated I joined that back up with the original input so that each row then had the finance amount information. To achieve the null values I used an union with the join and the right hand side of the join. 

From there it was a case of data cleansing to remove the null values before sorting in ascending order of date and using the select tool to remove the irrelevant columns to match the given output. 

Workflow.PNGResults.PNG