Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #272: Configure It Out

balajilolla
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Solution Attached

balajilolla_0-1623687361289.png

RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

My solution ...  does not exactly match the layout, but is very close to it.

Spoiler
272.jpg

ggruccio
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Got to it!. ...

Spoiler
But I could not figure out at the end how to finish the report with out having an extra layout tool (the first to configure the title and table vertically and add the border) - (the second one to add the red border and horizontally add the pie chart with the combined title/table).

ggruccio_0-1623689653110.png

OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

I had to add 1 tool to match the output exactly

Spoiler
OllieClarke_0-1623693817973.png
and sample output:
OllieClarke_1-1623693984433.png

TonyA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Interesting exercise. Not really troubleshooting; it's more like the problem "solve this with these specific tools" taken to a new level.

Spoiler
I couldn't solve this problem as it was presented. We were specifically told not to rearrange the tools, but I can't see a way to place the table header above the table in a horizontal layout with a single layout tool. Also, I don't see how to put a box around the table without an additional layout tool. So my flow is close (didn't bother with the extra layout tool). Looks like no one else has been able to use the layout either. I am really interested in seeing the solution.

TonyA_0-1623694099521.png

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

2021-06-14 (3).png

My involvement with watching this sport is primarily watching my 4 year old son's games - and despite his best efforts there is minimal score keeping or focus on individual achievements... having said that - do Penalty Goals count as Goals?

sara_burk
7 - Meteor
Spoiler
sara_burk_0-1623712109950.png

JasonHu
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
workflow.png

add one more layout tool to match the same.

jpowellsd
Alteryx
Alteryx

This had me stumped on how to get this to work without adding any new tools.  I could not get the table & header to work right.  Kudos to @Kenda for helping me realize that you don't have to actually use the existing tools, even if you're connected 😀

Spoiler
jpowellsd_0-1623714098802.pngjpowellsd_1-1623714181615.png

kelly_gilbert
13 - Pulsar

Lots of reporting tool practice lately! Just when I thought I was a pro at reporting tools, this one definitely stumped me!

Spoiler
I can't wait to see the solution, because, like others, I couldn't figure out how to get the table title inside the black border without adding a layout tool (the instructions said not to add any tools). The one I added is highlighted in the pink container.

kelly_gilbert_0-1623721014771.png