Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #271: Dynamic Double Dip

KaneG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

I would usually transpose and filter in this case, but I thought I would skip that and find 2 other ways

Spoiler
The first uses Dynamic Select to split the data, and after doing the calculation, I couldn't decide which way to combine the data back, so included both.

The second method uses the arrange tool, I normally don't like having that much manual configuration, but given they are months, I don't think extra data would need to be dealt with.

KaneG_0-1624846813502.png

cplewis90
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Fun challenge! I know there is probably an easier way or a way to do this with less tools. I will definitely be checking out other solutions.

jpowellsd
Alteryx
Alteryx

Great data prep challenge

Spoiler
jpowellsd_0-1625105821534.png

mbogusz
9 - Comet
Spoiler
Weekly Challenge #271 in the canWeekly Challenge #271 in the can
amanda_payne
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
amanda_payne_0-1626128877783.png

HubertusVHaller
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Spoiler
That was fun. 
Challenge_271.png
cwkoops
8 - Asteroid

2nd method is definitely more robust....

Elias_Nordlinder
11 - Bolide

My solutions: 

Spoiler
Elias_Nordlinder_0-1626281587531.png

Difficult to find a second way to do it, utilized the Arrange tool to Transpose but it led to it becoming more manual as well.

WernerE
8 - Asteroid

Looking at other solutions, there are so many different ways I could have solved this. Love these type of challenges.

Spoiler
271 - Short.png271 - Long.png
ywang7
7 - Meteor
Spoiler
ywang7_0-1626470371908.png