Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #27: Spatial Telco Coverage Smoothing

nick_ceneviva
11 - Bolide

Solution is attached!

Natasha
9 - Comet

Since I am not doing challenges in a chronological order this one was quick as I already did something similar in one of the later challenges.

@Laurap1228, I think that's a good question as what is the best way to check results with spatial challenges. In this particular challenge if the splatters with area <2sq.mi is not filtered out, the shape of the built polygon looks the same as the shape of the output polygon. So I used Spatial info tool to compare the area between the output polygon and the one I got, which I think is a sufficient check for this challenge.

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2017-10-06 at 01.10.22.png
iain_sterland
6 - Meteoroid

Great challenge - I now know how to detect holes in polygons :)

JoshKushner
12 - Quasar

Fun! Love learning these tiny nuances of the spatial tools.

samN
10 - Fireball

Spatial is fun to mess around with and actually get some use cases for the widgets

ggruccio
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

This was fun!  Got to use some spatial tools that I hardly ever use.

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

There are no holes in this workflow. Solution attached.

Spoiler
challenge_27 - Output Snip.PNGchallenge_27 - Snip.PNG
LandonG
8 - Asteroid

Solution attached.

jasperlch
12 - Quasar

Solution attached.

dsmdavid
11 - Bolide

Pretty similar to everyone else. Took me a while to notice the difference between "Regions" and "Detailed Regions"