community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.
Getting started with Designer? | Start your journey with our new Learning Path!

Challenge #27: Spatial Telco Coverage Smoothing

Asteroid

I tried my hands at the smoothing and simplify polygon tools as well apart from the normal approach. All are in the file attached. The solution is the flow at the bottom.

Spoiler
27.JPG
Alteryx Certified Partner

Thanks @GeneR I do love a good spatial 😍

It was fun 😀

Spoiler
I started out with the Poly-Split tool, but had to confront the helpfile in order figure out how Split:IsHole was working

The Area of the split objects is easy found with with the Spatial Info too, and from there we can find the needed objects using a filter,

Last thing is to combine the filtered split objects, and here the  Summarize tool never fails to amaze me by the diversity og objects it can be used on.

2019-05-15 09_55_48-Alteryx Designer x64 - challenge_27_solution_verakso.yxmd.pngThe WorkflowSince it can be quite tricky to validate the spatial data with the one provided, I have done this check by using the Expect Equal macro from the CReW Macro Pack, that contains many other great tools.

On my way to Lhotse Face

/Verakso

Asteroid

Here's my solution!

Asteroid

Finally got that one

Similar to the provided solution.

Comet
Spoiler
Challenge 27.PNG
Asteroid

Does anyone know if there is a benefit to adding the Spatial Info tool with Number of Points selected before the Split to Detailed Regions step? I didn't use that functionality, but got the same ending answer and total area...

Asteroid

My solution is attached.

Asteroid

The spatial challenges are always an opportunity to learn more on the tools available. My solution posted

Highlighted
Asteroid

My solution. Nice challenge!

Spoiler
challenge 27 solution Eleonora Nazander.JPG