Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #268: Definitely Not Made Up

nlensing001
7 - Meteor

Here is my solution.

JLdG
6 - Meteoroid

Nice solution! I didn't even think about using the randint() and count functions to create recordID's! Quick, easy and efficient!

LHolmes
9 - Comet

Liked this challenge as the refresher with certain formulas helps us solve a recent unrelated obstacle.

Spoiler
268 - Solution.PNG
ggruccio
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Fun once you get the hang of it!

Spoiler
I used generate row to create the number of rows needed for the actual data then a random integer based on the count of records in the replacement file - then joined on the random integer to a record id.
DN
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Capture.PNG

stavros_
5 - Atom
Spoiler
stavros__0-1622784151484.png

kelly_gilbert
13 - Pulsar

Since I work with HR data, this is something I have to do every once in a while! However, making this totally dynamic (if the columns in the original/replacement changed) was a fun challenge. Thanks, @Qiu!

Spoiler
My initial thought was to use Dynamic Replace, but the run time was MUCH longer vs. transposing and joining.

Outer workflow:

kelly_gilbert_1-1623553476162.png

Macro:

kelly_gilbert_0-1623553452055.png

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@kelly_gilbert 

Thank you for the kind word. I am so happy to know it is useful for you. 😁

DawnDuong
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

I think the 2nd solution is not right as there are one-to-many relationships between the original vs. masked outputs.

rmassambane
10 - Fireball

turututu turututututu