Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #264: Sliding Totals

AYXAcademy
Alteryx
Alteryx

A solution to last week's challenge can be found here264image.png

This week's challenge was submitted by @JosephSerpis - Thank you for your submission!

Everyone loves a good invoice! There’s just something about seeing the amount you paid for each item and finding that everything is as it should be, adding up to the total amount. And for the most part invoices are created by automated processes which reduce the chance of errors appearing (unless someone entered the wrong items). But what if something went wrong…

For this week’s challenge, pretend you are a business analyst for a service provider which offers a number of services. You are attempting to report the services delivered for last month. Due to data limitations of your database the data comes in a unique way which you need to calculate the rolling sales in order to work out the total of services provided. The total sales are all the sales between (and including) each matching pair of IDs. In other words, you need to find the total of all of the sales for the records beginning with a given ID through to the corresponding ID, making sure to include all records between your pair of matching IDs.

Aaron_Harter
11 - Bolide

Fun challenge to start the week!

Spoiler
1.PNG

(edit 4/19 10:10 CT) video of solution overview:

Spoiler

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

solution...

BeginnerMindset
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
BeginnerMindset_0-1618842936692.png

Fun challenge.

DeanWest
9 - Comet

Shoutout to @Aaron_Harter for a quick and clean solution!

I still need to clean mine up a bit, but here's a batch macro solution! 

Spoiler
challenge_264_solution_DeanWest-snippet.png

Spoiler
challenge_264_solution_DeanWest-snippet-batch.png
Blake
12 - Quasar

I also did a little batch macro.... but it probably wasn't necessary. KIS, right?

Spoiler
Canvas with answerCanvas with answerMacro gutsMacro guts
DeanWest
9 - Comet

@Blake Haha oops 😂! It was still fun to create though...

cgoodman3
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Getting back into the Weekly Challenge game

Spoiler
cgoodman3_0-1618844069218.png

Chris
Check out my collaboration with fellow ACE Joshua Burkhow at AlterTricks.com
rcarog
8 - Asteroid

Solution attached.

Spoiler