Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #264: Sliding Totals

ellen-wiegand
Alteryx
Alteryx

solution #264, wherein I admitted defeat to the batch macro

NicoleJohnson
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

My solution!

Spoiler
WeeklyChallenge264.JPG

Cheers!

NJ

johnemery
11 - Bolide

A fun return to the weekly challenges after a long hiatus

Spoiler
Solution.PNG
SgdPackard810
8 - Asteroid

Gotta say, as much as I love Alteryx, it's a bit painful that windowing requires so many tools on the canvas. If I wasn't restricting myself to using only set tools, def would've just dropped a python tool onto the canvas and written a little code.

kelly_gilbert
13 - Pulsar

Ooh, this was a fun one - thank you for submitting @JosephSerpis!

My solution is pretty similar to all of the other non-macro solutions, except I attempted to handle multiple instances of the same ID.

Spoiler
I made the assumption that if there were multiple instances of the ID, that I'd need to sum the range between instances 1-2, 3-4, 5-6, etc., and would ignore the range between instances 2-3, 4-5, etc. Basically, odd instance = start, and even instance = stop.

kelly_gilbert_0-1619804396964.png

LHolmes
9 - Comet

Fun challenge!

Spoiler
264 - Solution.PNG
JonathanAllenby
8 - Asteroid

Here's my solution.

Spoiler
Decided to wrap it in a batch macro. Only issue was it had two rows for each ID instead of 1, so I had to group it to remove the duplicates.JonathanAllenby_0-1619947739016.png

JonathanAllenby_1-1619947761789.png

mbogusz
9 - Comet
Spoiler
2021-05-03 08_38_21-Greenshot.png
Alteryx_AR
12 - Quasar

My solution.

RakshithNayak
5 - Atom

Find the solution