Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #261: Car Service Reminders

AYXAcademy
Alteryx
Alteryx

A solution to last week's challenge can be found here.Car Logo.png

With people doing less traveling these days, it's still important to service vehicles regularly. For this week's challenge, create a workflow to identify customers who are likely to need a service soon and email them a reminder. We will also use their prior service history to offer select customers discounts on their next visit.

Output Example:

Email.PNG

Aaron_Harter
11 - Bolide

Timely reminder to take my car into the shop!

Spoiler
1.PNG

Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula
Spoiler
Kenda_0-1617043866794.png

Spalders
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Spalders_0-1617044493587.png

NicoleJohnson
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

My solution! At the rate I've been driving in the past year, I'm not going to need a service until 2023... 😉

Spoiler
WeeklyChallenge261.JPG

Cheers!

NJ 

Luke_C
17 - Castor
Spoiler
Luke_C_0-1617047089639.png

Maskell_Rascal
13 - Pulsar

Here is my solution! 

Spoiler
Maskell_Rascal_0-1617047381621.png

TonyA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Here's my solution

Spoiler
And I learned a few things about text tools this week:
-  It ignores new lines in the input fields
-  If you put a field reference on a line by itself, the line is completely skipped if the field value is null (you don't get a blank line)
-  If you put an image in the text tool, the position of that image is fixed relative to the top of the text area. This means that if the text above the image can have a variable number of lines, the text might run into the image (That's why I included the image separately with a layout.)
2021-03-29_14-04-51.png

clmc9601
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

My solution!

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2021-03-29 at 3.07.32 PM.png
DeanWest
9 - Comet

Almost thought there wasn't going to be a weekly challenge today! Great challenge to practice some formulas and reporting tools though. 

Spoiler
Note: Decided to store the "expected" output date in a Text Input Tool so that the solution still works in the future. Also, I used more tools than the solutions before me as a good template for those who are still learning Alteryx.
chellenge_261_solution_DeanWest-snippet.png