Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #260: Fuel Me Once...

Rohit_Karvekar
6 - Meteoroid

My first challenge! Enjoyed it >

Spoiler
260.JPG

pjdit
8 - Asteroid

Good to get back into these..

Spoiler
260.JPG

estherb47
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

My take....

Spoiler
estherb47_0-1622584599192.png

Cheers!

Esther

youngk313
8 - Asteroid

Solution using multiple joins and renaming Regular to Gas to allow joining.

youngk313
8 - Asteroid

Solution using two separate paths for finding min and max producers then combining them back together using position.

pgneal
8 - Asteroid

My solution.

Thanks.

derekbelyea
12 - Quasar
Spoiler
derekbelyea_0-1624337208140.png

maharaj
7 - Meteor

Got the ouptut

jamielaird
14 - Magnetar

Here's my solution:

Spoiler
jamielaird_0-1624526814347.png

euanwilson
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
So the first thing I done was to joins the transactions and card pairings inputs on card number, before using a formula tool to assign a fuel type and capacity to each van. 
Out of the fuel prices input I used a select tool to change the name of 'Regular' fuel to 'Gas', then was a transpose tool to take the 2 different fuel columns and put them into one column and named this column 'Fuel' using a select tool. This was done to allow me to join this with the data described in the first paragraph. 

Next were a couple of formula tools, the first to calculate if any transactions needed flagged and if so denoting them appropriately. The second was just to calculate the price of each transaction. A select tool was used to remove the now irrelevant columns of data before the filter removes any transactions that have not been flagged. The final sort tool was used to match the data in the given output. 

Workflow.PNGResults.PNG