Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #256: Working Fore The Weekend

pgneal
8 - Asteroid

My solution.

Thanks.

derekbelyea
12 - Quasar
Spoiler
derekbelyea_0-1624328109443.png

maharaj
7 - Meteor

Got the output

KatarinaH
6 - Meteoroid
Spoiler
Spoilerpic 264.PNG

cplewis90
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Can it just be the Masters again?

cplewis90_0-1624912501097.png

euanwilson
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
So to start with I had to do a little bit of data prep. This involved using a select tool to rename the column headers appropriately and then a select records tool to only use the relevant parts of the data. I then used a summarize tool to group the data by player name and sum the events, money and victories per player. 

To calculate the top 5 highest earners per event I first used a formula tool just to calculate the earnings per event. Then the data was sorted so the highest earners were at the top of the data set before select records tool was used to isolate the top 5. 

To find the top 5 highest earners who have never won an event I started off by using a filter to remove any victorious players from the data set. Then the data was ordered with the highest earners at the top and again select records was used to isolate the top 5. 

These 2 data sets and a singular null row were combined using the union tool before a final select tool was used to rename the column headers so that it matched the given output. 

Workflow.PNGResults.PNG

andreauda
5 - Atom

Hello, here's my solution 🙂 

Racam1989
7 - Meteor

Fun one. I don't know if we needed to add the null row divider, but I arrived at the same answer for both groups.

Spoiler
Racam1989_0-1625016343555.png

Neetu
8 - Asteroid

my solution 🙂

Nvy
8 - Asteroid

Golf is the only sport i don't follow. I think I will follow now.