Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #255: DATA-DRIVEN COCKTAIL RECIPE - Part 2

AYXAcademy
Alteryx
Alteryx

A solution to last week's challenge can be found here!

AYXAcademy_0-1613491998399.png

It’s time to complete the data-driven cocktail recipe that we started last week! (If you missed Part 1, take a look back at last week’s challenge so you can finish up with a full recipe for a tasty beverage.) We’re again toasting the new Top Shelf Data Science podcast; have you checked out the first episode yet? 

This week, you’ll want to continue completing the Data-Driven Cocktail recipe in the PDF below, building on your work from last week.

This week, we’ll get those last few ingredients and instructions for our mystery cocktail! To do so, you’ll again use a mix of tools, including some data investigation and

predictive tools. If you’re “breaking the ice” (cocktail pun!) on those tools, here are a few resources that might help:

As before, we’re just checking out these tools, not trying to build The Ultimate Cocktail Prediction Model! You can leave the tools’ settings on their default options, unless otherwise directed, and use your results in the recipe.

And a reminder: You’ll need to install the R predictive tools for this challenge, if you don’t already have them.

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor
Spoiler

patrick_digan_0-1613496651060.png

patrick_digan_1-1613496681013.png

OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Here's my solution:

Spoiler
OllieClarke_0-1613586060537.png

edit: - updated thanks to @ggruccio as I didn't spot the case problem with glasses

Here're my answers to all parts:

OllieClarke_1-1613586847979.png

phottovy
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

First time using the Contingency Table tool:

Spoiler
255.PNG

#4:
Most Frequent.PNG

#5:
255_5.PNG

#6:
255_6.PNG

#7:
255_7.PNG

Final PDF (with one difference from provided PDF):

Spoiler
Form.PNG

RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula
Spoiler
255.jpg
JP_SDAK
8 - Asteroid

These 2 were a lot of fun - great exposure to some new tools for me, and review for others.  I admit I had to look at answers to figure out a couple -- was confused about 2nd ingredient (thought it meant 2nd association at first) and glasses (see spoiler)

Spoiler
JP_SDAK_0-1613517267375.pngJP_SDAK_1-1613517346431.png
had to change case on glasses to count accurately

Renato_7
6 - Meteoroid
Spoiler
RenatoV_0-1613577351132.png

ggruccio
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

...continued from 254...

Spoiler
The only thing that threw me a bit was cleansing the data on the type of glass so that it was title case....other than that I believe I was following.  I could not edit the pdf...so here is a text box with my answers as they would appear on the pdf

ggruccio_0-1613581471156.png

alexnajm
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Cocktail complete! 🙂

LHolmes
9 - Comet

Is it 5'o'clock? (Somewhere). Great series to utilize some of the predictive and data investigation toolsets.

Spoiler
255 - Solution.PNG
Spoiler
255 - Recipe.PNG