Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #254: DATA-DRIVEN COCKTAIL RECIPE - PART 1

AYXAcademy
Alteryx
Alteryx

A solution to last week's challenge can be found here.

We’re celebrating the launch of a new Alteryx podcast, Top Shelf Data Science, in our Weekly Challenges today and next week!

AYXAcademy_0-1612791887083.png

Top Shelf will feature a variety of expert guests who are driving innovation in the field, in conversation with @SusanCS, data science journalist for the Community. You’ll hear technical details of their work and their personal stories of doing “top shelf” data science.

Join in the fun and figure out the details of our “data-driven” cocktail recipe in this challenge, and get the rest of the components and instructions next week. You’ll use a range of tools for these challenges, including some predictive tools. But don’t worry, we’ll be sticking to their default settings. It’s like a wine or whiskey tasting — just a sampling — that we hope both predictive newbies and connoisseurs will enjoy.

Both challenges use a Kaggle dataset of cocktail recipes. You’ll need this PDF of the recipe to fill in as you work. Next week we’ll give you the full answers so you can make sure your cocktail is the perfect blend.

AYXAcademy_2-1612792138611.png

For this week’s challenge, you’ll need to use the market basket (“MB”) tools and the Naive Bayes classifier tool, among others. Here are some resources that might help if these tools are new to you or you’d like a refresher:

Remember, we’re not trying to tune and refine models here; we’re just getting a taste for how the predictive tools work. So you can leave the tools’ settings on their default options, unless otherwise directed, and use the results you obtain to complete the recipe.

Finally, if you haven’t yet done so, you’ll need to install the R predictive tools for this challenge and next week’s challenge.

Prep that cocktail shaker, fire up your favorite podcast app, and get ready for an educational, enlightening happy hour!

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

This is something new, which  I am always keeping😂 distance with..

Spalders
8 - Asteroid

I think I am ready for Part 2... (however this is certainly new territory)

Spoiler
1. {Powder sugar}->{Lemon}
2. Confusion matrix for the lemon model
 Spalders_1-1612873483231.png
3. Mesure questions
Spalders_0-1612873443662.png

OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Fun challenge - can't wait til next week 🙂

Spoiler
Challenge 254.PNG
phottovy
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Excited to see next week!

Spoiler
254.PNG
Q1:
254_q1.PNG

Q2: (I'm not sure I used the oversample tool as intended)
254_q2.PNG

Q3:
254_q3.PNG

PDF (so far?)

Spoiler
254_pdf.PNG
LHolmes
9 - Comet

Super fun to utilize some of the predictive and market basket tools. Can't wait to finish off the recipe for next week.

Spoiler
254 - Solution.PNG
Spoiler
254 - PDF.PNG
kelvin_law1
9 - Comet

Here is my workflow and answers:

Spoiler
kelvinlaw_6-1612921510389.png

Question 1:

kelvinlaw_7-1612921592721.png

Question 2:

kelvinlaw_3-1612921361211.png

Question 3:

kelvinlaw_5-1612921461484.png

Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula
Spoiler
Thankfully, after reading the instructions thoroughly, it didn't end up being as intimidating as it first seemed.

Kenda_0-1612924057753.png

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Market Basket analysis is definitely new segment. This was a great exposure.

Spoiler
atcodedog05_0-1613031885349.png
Spoiler
atcodedog05_1-1613031976166.png

Cheers and Happy Analyzing 🙂

BeginnerMindset
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
BeginnerMindset_0-1613061648436.png