Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #25: Creating Merchant Combos

aclaxton
8 - Asteroid

I got most of the way but I had to poke around the forums for a way to get rid of reciprocal duplicates :) 

Spoiler
Week 25.png
justin_winter
8 - Asteroid

Going back in our user group and doing old challenges. This was rough, I tackled it a couple different ways before I settled on an approach I liked. It was still fairly hard coded, so if I were to do this for real, I would want to build out the summations and mud functions to do it dynamically with math. 

kcgreen
8 - Asteroid

This one took me lots of trial and error to get right.  Reading the comments, I felt better knowing that I wasn't the only one to struggle on this challenge.

Spoiler

25.JPG

kelly_gilbert
13 - Pulsar
Spoiler
Today I learned that the Sort tool sorts uppercase letters first, while comparison ([Merchant1] < [Merchant2]) sorts alphabetically, regardless of case. 

This was noticeable in the combination of Chick-fil-A and CVS.  I originally tried to solve this without the recordID, by filtering for [Merchant1] < [Merchant2].  However, that put Chick-fil-A in Merchant1 and CVS in Merchant2.  The solution has CVS in Merchant1and Chick-fil-A in Merchant2,
dominiklz
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Capture.PNG

I came out on a different number of rows then the original one, because I left out the rows where a merchant is connected to Null, even though there are valid connections for said row. (see below)

Spoiler
null_rows.PNG
asabau
8 - Asteroid

Here it is!

maxjohnson02
8 - Asteroid

This one was particularly difficult for me as I was totally unfamiliar with cartesian joins going into it. Good practice though!

Inactive User
Not applicable

daniel_ferreira
8 - Asteroid

Follow my solution file attached...

ABarber
7 - Meteor