Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #25: Creating Merchant Combos

Jon-Knepper
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
JonK_0-1653419134849.png

Not as dynamic as I would like it to be, but it solves this challenge!

mmontgomery
10 - Fireball

Challenge #25

BenoitC
Alteryx
Alteryx

Done !

Spoiler
BenoitC_0-1654611367175.png

Benoit Conley

Sales Engineer
Alteryx, Inc.

JamesCharnley
13 - Pulsar
Spoiler
JamesCharnley_0-1654703675722.png

Please forgive the mess it was the only logic I could think of after quite a long time thinking. Also my brain is apparently too small to work out why AND/OR seem to be flipped in filters when dealing with multiple negative statements. I only realised that at the very end.

AliAb
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

solution attached

Abiramm1
8 - Asteroid

Everything works but my merchant 1 and 2 are the wrong way round :(. Nevertheless the values match so we're all good I think :)

EvanGarb
7 - Meteor

Challenge 25

acarter881
12 - Quasar

Here's my solution. Thought about this one for a while, and decided to use a revised methodology (i.e., a customer has to start at one merchant and go to another merchant in order to count toward the total output). This is a pretty confusing challenge.

Spoiler
acarter881_0-1656550614190.png

Jeremy
8 - Asteroid

I don't think Alteryx has a way of creating a table of tables or a 3 dimensional array, so I dummied one up.  Seems to have worked okay.  It is the same answer as the solution, but in a slightly different order.

Spoiler
2022-06-30_18-21-59.png
mattnason1
9 - Comet

My answer is different because I have null values show up in Merchant2 instead of Merchant1 (which seems to make more sense to me).  But otherwise we match.

Spoiler
mattnason1_0-1657205847708.png