community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.
Announcement | Get certified today - take the Alteryx Designer Core and Advanced exams on-demand now!

Challenge #25: Creating Merchant Combos

Meteor

Hi,

my solution is slightly different, and the outcome is differ a bit too from the posted solution. But the result meets the objective. Also, in the posted solution, there are [null] values in the Merchant1 column, which for me just seems "weird" (or illogical) that a "we want to know where else a customer went to, who went to [null] merchant at the first place...

In my logic, shouldn`t be [null] value in the Merchant1 column...

But correct me if I'm wrong... :)

Asteroid
Spoiler
Challenge 25.PNG
Asteroid

My solution

Spoiler
challenge 25 solution Eleonora Nazander.JPG
Asteroid

In my case this is for me much simpler than posted solution and also I didn't understand why you have nulls as merchant 1; doesn't make sense to me. Hope you can clarify that point on further reviews.

Alteryx Partner

Here's my solution, slightly different, and then not really

Spoiler
2019-06-11 11_43_44-Alteryx Designer x64 - challenge_25_solution_verakso.yxmd.png

Still Climbing
/Verakso

Alteryx Partner

The result may be slightly imperfect considering some NULL values, but it matches with the intended result.

Spoiler
25.png
Alteryx Partner

Used an iterative macro here to run through every permutation of vendors by User ID

Meteoroid

Did my best, seem I like to go the long way around to solving problems :)

Asteroid

Alteryx Certified Partner

My solution :)