community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcement | Get certified today - take the Alteryx Designer Core and Advanced exams on-demand now!
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.

Challenge #25: Creating Merchant Combos

Asteroid

This one was interesting and I figured out my solution quite by accident... but hey, it works!

Spoiler
ch25.PNG
Asteroid

Solved the challenge, but likely would have made this an iterative macro workflow for a real life application.

Spoiler
 Challenge 25.GIF

Asteroid

Back at these after a very long hiatus.  Here is my solution.

Asteroid

solution attached

Alteryx
Alteryx

I came up with my solution and then checked it against the provided solution. The provided solution makes no sense to me. It looks like the solution starts reporting pairs where one store is null whenever there are less than five stores. In a real-life situation, I would assume that we either had an error in the solution or a unique use case. Since it would be easy to add a bunch of store pairs including nulls later I just solved for unique unordered pairs. Did it a little differently than most, generating all the combinations numerically and then adding store names.

Asteroid

25.png

Spoiler