Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #25: Creating Merchant Combos

chandler-gjino
Alteryx
Alteryx

Attaching my solution

lucascs
8 - Asteroid

Hmmm... I couldn't understand this challenge. The objective actually feels reasonable, but the answer I just can't grasp. I'm not gonna lie, this happens more often than I care to admit with some challenges, especially these old ones. I can't understand the answer, looking at the solution/other people's posts didn't help either. So I just made a combination of the merchants per ID, therefore not including some of the nulls in the official solution. My solution is also not scalable, but I really didn't think this challenge deserved much more time investment...

Spoiler
lucascs_0-1684339474770.png

dwstada
10 - Fireball

my solution

Spoiler
dwstada_0-1684496499741.png

akorte1
8 - Asteroid

Done

lucaskro
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
lucaskro_0-1685979064575.png

The_Rad_Valentina
8 - Asteroid

I got more results than what was in the solution file. 

MitchellBliesner
8 - Asteroid

This one challenged me. I got up until the filter myself and had to peak at the solution to see the next tool. I definitely need to practice my transpose and crosstab tools. Here is my solution to this challenge.

Spoiler
MitchellBliesner_0-1686316485391.png

bo_peng2022
8 - Asteroid

my solution

ntakeda
11 - Bolide

My solution.

Spoiler
ntakeda_0-1687407490491.png

Computernerd
8 - Asteroid

I have to say I disagree with the Solution posted.  For an example look at User 4 in the sample Output.  If only one store is visited it should not appear as there's no correlation. Either way, it should never appear like the results of Userid 4.  Just my opinion.  But I'm including my version.