Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #25: Creating Merchant Combos

Jon-Knepper
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
JonK_0-1653419134849.png

Not as dynamic as I would like it to be, but it solves this challenge!

mmontgomery
11 - Bolide

Challenge #25

BenoitC
Alteryx
Alteryx

Done !

Spoiler
BenoitC_0-1654611367175.png

Benoit Conley

Sales Engineer
Alteryx, Inc.

JamesCharnley
13 - Pulsar
Spoiler
JamesCharnley_0-1654703675722.png

Please forgive the mess it was the only logic I could think of after quite a long time thinking. Also my brain is apparently too small to work out why AND/OR seem to be flipped in filters when dealing with multiple negative statements. I only realised that at the very end.

AliAb
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

solution attached

Abiramm1
8 - Asteroid

Everything works but my merchant 1 and 2 are the wrong way round :(. Nevertheless the values match so we're all good I think :)

EvanGarb
7 - Meteor

Challenge 25

acarter881
12 - Quasar

Here's my solution. Thought about this one for a while, and decided to use a revised methodology (i.e., a customer has to start at one merchant and go to another merchant in order to count toward the total output). This is a pretty confusing challenge.

Spoiler
acarter881_0-1656550614190.png

Jeremy
8 - Asteroid

I don't think Alteryx has a way of creating a table of tables or a 3 dimensional array, so I dummied one up.  Seems to have worked okay.  It is the same answer as the solution, but in a slightly different order.

Spoiler
2022-06-30_18-21-59.png
mattnason1
9 - Comet

My answer is different because I have null values show up in Merchant2 instead of Merchant1 (which seems to make more sense to me).  But otherwise we match.

Spoiler
mattnason1_0-1657205847708.png