Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #25: Creating Merchant Combos

estherb47
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora
Spoiler
Spoiler
image.png
LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

I look a slightly easier route than others but if it works, it works :)

Spoiler
Weekly Challenge 25.png
SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

:-) you really are tearing through these @LordNeilLord - fantastic to see you working through 2 & 3 a day.

Not sure if you've been following the banter but there's a few folk who have done all the available challenges so-far, so there's quite a tight competition going to see who will be the first to earn the legendary "75 challenges" badge.   With the pace you're going, you could be in contention (from what it looks like, you're on your way to 50 now?)

Awesome progress!

PS - if you find that these weekly challenges are useful - drop a quick note to @JoeM and @MattD and the team - they really do value this kinda feedback.

LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

Thanks @SeanAdams :)

I just hit 20 this morning, still along way off the 75 but I'll keep plugging away

Laurap1228
11 - Bolide

I downloaded four weekly challenge starter files (25,26,27 and 28) for my 11.5-hour flight from London to San Diego yesterday, and this was the first one I tackled. It also took me the longest. It was a bit tricky, but once I figured out I needed a record ID before my Transpose tool it made the sorting easy!

Spoiler
challenge25.jpg

nick_ceneviva
11 - Bolide

Solution Attached

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor
Spoiler
Capture.PNG
Natasha
9 - Comet

I took a fairly standard approach

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2017-10-06 at 00.46.40.png
JoshKushner
12 - Quasar

Sort of looks like a Bridge Table structure! I'm confused with the provided outputs that have preceding 0's though...

Provided Output:

Capture.PNG

samN
10 - Fireball

I got to the output but don't really agree with the output really representing what the question asks. I also dont really understand why we are keeping nulls in as it doesn't give any comparison to anything. 

Anyways little different from the solution