Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #25: Creating Merchant Combos

wwatson
12 - Quasar

my solution

mollymargolis
8 - Asteroid

My solution

DemandEngineer
8 - Asteroid

I had alot of trouble with understanding what was being asked for on this one.  Needed a sounding board to talk through it.  If anyone else is in a similar situation... I hope this helps.  The merchant number is irrelevant (may I suggest updating the question to name the columns Merchant A, Merchant B, Merchant C, etc as the numbers suggest sequence) or call out the data is just aggregated for the week and has no order.  What we are trying to generate are all the possible combinations of pairs of merchants by user from the unordered list or merchants.  I'm not sure why the solution includes rows with Nulls for one of the merchants (perhaps that was before the ability to filter out Nulls. 

Please do let me know if I misinterpreted anything.

JethroChen
10 - Fireball
Spoiler
challenge_25_jc.PNG
JoePC
9 - Comet

Solution Attached

AlexC2
8 - Asteroid

solution attached

Spoiler
AlexC2_0-1598800710291.png

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

Tried a different approach by RandInt.

Spoiler
en-25.PNG
anshuverma0912
8 - Asteroid

Hi, here is my solution. Have used transpose tool 4 times to get combinations

AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I make 2 pattern. One of them is the using Arrange Tool.

Spoiler
AkimasaKajitani_0-1599797568590.png

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi,

Strange challenge. The output of this exercise doesn't make sense but I was able to achieve desired results.

Spoiler
Emil_Kos_0-1600068418684.png