Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #25: Creating Merchant Combos

deviseetharaman
11 - Bolide
Spoiler

jacob_kahn
12 - Quasar

Maybe because I'm always and only thinking in batch and iterative macros, I built a workflow with both - but I think it's a little inefficient 😉 

maazinh
8 - Asteroid

Only the last column being null messed up my concat but managed to pick that out

AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Challenge #25 solved

Spoiler
Annotation 2020-06-12 154724.png
mattreynolds
9 - Comet

Used the Arrange Tool for this one, great use case!

Matt

Blake
12 - Quasar

It took me a while to wrap my head around the 'why' of this problem but it was a fun challenge! 

Spoiler
25.png
FlorianC
Alteryx
Alteryx

I am not entirely sure what the purpose of the exercise is since the expected results contain null values and have reversed visiting orders (e.g. user 2 and 4).

Here is my take on it, showing the actual relationship between stores visited.

Spoiler
WorkflowWorkflow
Florian Carrier
Strategic Solution Consultant
Alteryx
dlopez13
7 - Meteor

I found this exercise confusing and unclear for a variety of reasons, including the solution that did not seem to properly address the stated task.  It is unclear if the ordering of the transactions per customer is important or not, which in my opinion changes the problem and thus the solution.  Given that, my solution looks very different, and is much less involved:

Spoiler
dlopez13_0-1594934806395.png

My solution leaves the mirrored/duplicated pairs rather than removing them, as I would the use of this output for the stated purpose analysis using the first merchant column as a dependent variable - otherwise, to find all the merchant pairs for a given merchant you would need to search in both columns.  

ncrlelia
11 - Bolide

Challenge 25

szade1
8 - Asteroid

Included both the ways (Fixed number of Merchants & Dynamic number of Merchants) in the same workflow.

Attached my solution.

Thanks,

S.