Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #25: Creating Merchant Combos

Ziggy77
7 - Meteor

Hi,

my solution is slightly different, and the outcome is differ a bit too from the posted solution. But the result meets the objective. Also, in the posted solution, there are [null] values in the Merchant1 column, which for me just seems "weird" (or illogical) that a "we want to know where else a customer went to, who went to [null] merchant at the first place...

In my logic, shouldn`t be [null] value in the Merchant1 column...

But correct me if I'm wrong... :)

cgoodman3
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar
Spoiler
Challenge 25.PNG
Chris
Check out my collaboration with fellow ACE Joshua Burkhow at AlterTricks.com
Eleonora
8 - Asteroid

My solution

Spoiler
challenge 25 solution Eleonora Nazander.JPG
RobertoEstrada
8 - Asteroid

In my case this is for me much simpler than posted solution and also I didn't understand why you have nulls as merchant 1; doesn't make sense to me. Hope you can clarify that point on further reviews.

Verakso
11 - Bolide

Here's my solution, slightly different, and then not really

Spoiler
2019-06-11 11_43_44-Alteryx Designer x64 - challenge_25_solution_verakso.yxmd.png

Still Climbing
/Verakso

RWvanLeeuwen
11 - Bolide

The result may be slightly imperfect considering some NULL values, but it matches with the intended result.

Spoiler
25.png
joemkcarr
8 - Asteroid

Used an iterative macro here to run through every permutation of vendors by User ID

bdelarosa
8 - Asteroid

Did my best, seem I like to go the long way around to solving problems :)

ChrisMelck
8 - Asteroid

Hannah_Lissaman
11 - Bolide

My solution :)