Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #25: Creating Merchant Combos

aclaxton
8 - Asteroid

I got most of the way but I had to poke around the forums for a way to get rid of reciprocal duplicates :) 

Spoiler
Week 25.png
justin_winter
8 - Asteroid

Going back in our user group and doing old challenges. This was rough, I tackled it a couple different ways before I settled on an approach I liked. It was still fairly hard coded, so if I were to do this for real, I would want to build out the summations and mud functions to do it dynamically with math. 

kcgreen
8 - Asteroid

This one took me lots of trial and error to get right.  Reading the comments, I felt better knowing that I wasn't the only one to struggle on this challenge.

Spoiler

25.JPG

kelly_gilbert
13 - Pulsar
Spoiler
Today I learned that the Sort tool sorts uppercase letters first, while comparison ([Merchant1] < [Merchant2]) sorts alphabetically, regardless of case. 

This was noticeable in the combination of Chick-fil-A and CVS.  I originally tried to solve this without the recordID, by filtering for [Merchant1] < [Merchant2].  However, that put Chick-fil-A in Merchant1 and CVS in Merchant2.  The solution has CVS in Merchant1and Chick-fil-A in Merchant2,
dominiklz
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Capture.PNG

I came out on a different number of rows then the original one, because I left out the rows where a merchant is connected to Null, even though there are valid connections for said row. (see below)

Spoiler
null_rows.PNG
asabau
8 - Asteroid

Here it is!

maxjohnson02
8 - Asteroid

This one was particularly difficult for me as I was totally unfamiliar with cartesian joins going into it. Good practice though!

Inactive User
Not applicable

daniel_ferreira
8 - Asteroid

Follow my solution file attached...

ABarber
7 - Meteor