Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #249: Highlights

DataHabanero
9 - Comet

Ready!

Samanthaj_hughes
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

It was a good one 🙂

#Alteryxrocks
Shifty
12 - Quasar

REALLY enjoyed this challenge.  I've been intimidated by the Reporting tools but being forced to have a go proved that it was actually pretty intuitive. I feel like I've opened a door to a previously unexplored part of Alteryx. 🤗

Spoiler
Shifty_0-1620640395841.png

LukaszKarpinski
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

My solution attached.

Spoiler
LukaszKarpinski_0-1620640833197.png

Kind Regards,

Łukasz

Steph_Maddrell
8 - Asteroid

Pretty much identical to the others! Not too many ways you could do this one though. Good to practice the reporting tools.

Spoiler
Steph_Maddrell_0-1621188460286.png
Rebecca_Neville
7 - Meteor

Probably not the fastest way to get there but it works 💃

sonyakasenkramer
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
sonyakasenkramer_0-1622224080819.png

SIVARANJANI
6 - Meteoroid

Tableau.Siv simple solution

cplewis90
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

My solution.

euanwilson
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
So to find the highest value in the data set I used the transpose tool to place all the values in one column before using a summarize tool to calculate the max value. 

After using append fields to place a max value column onto the original data set with record ID's placed on them it was just a case of using the basic table tool and making use of the column rules to highlight the max value and achieve the required result.

Workflow.PNGResults.PNG