Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #244: Cats and Dogs

marioyuwono
8 - Asteroid

244.png

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Challenge Completed

Spoiler
Weekly_Challenge_244.JPG
jamielaird
14 - Magnetar

Here's my solution:

Spoiler
jamielaird_0-1611167988846.png

rajenderk18
8 - Asteroid

Here is my Solution:

Spoiler
rajenderk18_0-1611176893904.png

Sash
7 - Meteor

Resolved

robert-headington
8 - Asteroid

I haven't actually used the report map tool before (I generally use tableau for maps) so this is useful to know for when I need to enbed a map into a pdf report. Also useful to use the report header tool again as it's been a while.

I used the data in the states yxdb instead of getting the sq miles from the spatial info tool. After finishing, I saw the solution used square miles which looks nicer on the map legend so I did a rough conversion (*335.0.000135) to get closer to sq miles instead of copying the use of the spatial Info tool.

I have kept the truncated axis in my solution as a reminder of how to truncate them (not that it's hard to do). However I will avoid truncating any other bar charts in the future in any solutions in the future (I'm doing these in a weird order) as it's bad visualization practice to do this.

JoshuaGostick
11 - Bolide

My solution

Spoiler
challenge_244.PNG
danicahui
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Challenge 244 2021-03-03.jpg
BeginnerMindset
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
BeginnerMindset_0-1615990382016.png

Completed but I've had to compromise with the header.  I have had to settle for it being part of the Layout - I just can't get the Render tool to treat it as a header for some reason.  No matter in this case - report looks the same.

rcarog
8 - Asteroid

Solution attached.