Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #240: Every Vote Counts!

Lorenz0
6 - Meteoroid

A nice challenge! I solved it with an iterative macro and only basic tools, eager to look now at your more sophisticated solutions.

Spoiler
challenge_240.PNG

JP_SDAK
8 - Asteroid

I'm working towards my advanced certification and trying to get practice with iteration macros.  I have a programming background but can't quite seem to get the hang of how they exit. 

I got this one to work, but I think it's kind of clunky.  If anyone can explain a better way to iterate/exit I would appreciate it!   I updated this to use the CrewTest expect equals tool instead of Test tool.  I realized I had configured it wrong, so went for easier option.

Spoiler

Workflow:

JP_SDAK_0-1604528783516.png

Macro:

Capture.JPG

gmoores
6 - Meteoroid

Tiny iterative macro; cute challenge!

TonyA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

This one took longer than it should because I misread the instructions and built a beautiful macro to solve an entirely different problem. Fortunately I was able to adapt it to the real problem -- a great example of how workflows are much easier to refactor than code or spreadsheet programs.

Spoiler
2020-11-04_17-35-59.png

2020-11-04_17-35-25.png

T_Willins
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Fun Challenge.  Easier than the other iterative macro I had to build this week.

Spoiler
Iterative MacroIterative Macro

WorkflowWorkflow

mike_w
8 - Asteroid

this was some good practice for iterative Macros. Don't use it often so I keep forgetting details of the setup and configuration, but always happy for a refresher. 

Spoiler
mike_w_0-1604628955173.png

Iterative Macro: 

mike_w_1-1604629014902.png

collinalldata
7 - Meteor

That was really fun to figure out!

Workflow:

Spoiler
collinalldata_0-1604663064553.png

Macro:

Spoiler
collinalldata_1-1604663100465.png

ehughes
9 - Comet

My solution

Spoiler
Img 240.png

Img 240 - macro.png

NurulShi12
8 - Asteroid

I'd vote for the winning flavor as well 🙂

enwiegand
7 - Meteor

Wow I really struggled with this one. I did figure out how to do it manually, but I wanted to get the macro to work as I need some practice with macros. My macro didn't stop iterating when it got to the "true" condition - does anyone have tips on that?