Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #240: Every Vote Counts!

Lorenz0
6 - Meteoroid

A nice challenge! I solved it with an iterative macro and only basic tools, eager to look now at your more sophisticated solutions.

Spoiler
challenge_240.PNG

JP_SDAK
8 - Asteroid

I'm working towards my advanced certification and trying to get practice with iteration macros.  I have a programming background but can't quite seem to get the hang of how they exit. 

I got this one to work, but I think it's kind of clunky.  If anyone can explain a better way to iterate/exit I would appreciate it!   I updated this to use the CrewTest expect equals tool instead of Test tool.  I realized I had configured it wrong, so went for easier option.

Spoiler

Workflow:

JP_SDAK_0-1604528783516.png

Macro:

Capture.JPG

gmoores
6 - Meteoroid

Tiny iterative macro; cute challenge!

TonyA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

This one took longer than it should because I misread the instructions and built a beautiful macro to solve an entirely different problem. Fortunately I was able to adapt it to the real problem -- a great example of how workflows are much easier to refactor than code or spreadsheet programs.

Spoiler
2020-11-04_17-35-59.png

2020-11-04_17-35-25.png

T_Willins
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Fun Challenge.  Easier than the other iterative macro I had to build this week.

Spoiler
Iterative MacroIterative Macro

WorkflowWorkflow

mike_w
8 - Asteroid

this was some good practice for iterative Macros. Don't use it often so I keep forgetting details of the setup and configuration, but always happy for a refresher. 

Spoiler
mike_w_0-1604628955173.png

Iterative Macro: 

mike_w_1-1604629014902.png

collinalldata
7 - Meteor

That was really fun to figure out!

Workflow:

Spoiler
collinalldata_0-1604663064553.png

Macro:

Spoiler
collinalldata_1-1604663100465.png

ehughes
9 - Comet

My solution

Spoiler
Img 240.png

Img 240 - macro.png

NurulShi12
8 - Asteroid

I'd vote for the winning flavor as well 🙂

enwiegand
7 - Meteor

Wow I really struggled with this one. I did figure out how to do it manually, but I wanted to get the macro to work as I need some practice with macros. My macro didn't stop iterating when it got to the "true" condition - does anyone have tips on that?