Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #240: Every Vote Counts!

Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Thanks @RodLight, I do love that tip. Count records returns a row with a value of 0 whilst a summarise would return no records or rows. It's such a useful technique!

rmassambane
10 - Fireball

=D

AryCardoso
8 - Asteroid

Cool!

Maskell_Rascal
13 - Pulsar

Fun Challenge! While an iterative macro would ideally be the best solution, I ultimately decided to use a more basic test/repeat model with some fail safes built in to output the winner and stop data streaming when found. 

Solution:

Spoiler
Maskell_Rascal_0-1604442136593.png

Tony_Castillo
9 - Comet

Matched the output

Spoiler
TC_bot_0-1604445269125.png

jasperlch
12 - Quasar
Spoiler
Capture.PNGCapture2.PNG
Ruud
10 - Fireball

Just here to claim to the be the first who came up with a solution.

Spalders
8 - Asteroid

I get the correct result but if anyone can see why my iterative macro does not exit on the condition %vote > 50 I would love to know why.

Spoiler
Spalders_0-1604488310206.png

Tej_Singh
8 - Asteroid

Nice challenge. Simple workflow created without any macros. Will try with macros as well once later on. 

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

For fun, I solved it dynamically without any macros. I used @jdunkerley79 's Alteryx Abacus formula add ins. They are super powerful when combined with Generate Rows tools.

Spoiler
patrick_digan_0-1604498315932.png