Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #24: ARIMA Time Series

jamielaird
14 - Magnetar

Here's my solution.

Spoiler
challenge-24.PNG
patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor
Spoiler
Capture.PNG
Natasha
9 - Comet

Did this a while ago, but never posted my solution which is similar to other's. I was playing around with time series tools, and  included ETS model for comparison

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2017-10-06 at 00.04.55.png
dominiklz
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
24.PNG
JoshKushner
12 - Quasar

It took FOREVER to realize I needed the TS Forecast tool to see my result. (Just like with the Linear Regression tool) I'm realizing quickly predictive tools must work together and Alteryx YouTube videos are my best friend

This video provides a brief tutorial of using Times Series tools on historical single family home sales and includes an overview on how to configure the following tools: Field Summary, ARIMA, ETS, TS Compare, and TS Forecast Data for this training can be downloaded at: ...
samN
10 - Fireball

Numbers match solution output but not the answer text file. Looks like others had this same issue.

Waynemk
8 - Asteroid

Flashback to the hardest class i ever took where we covered ARIMA in a week. 

edorlando07
7 - Meteor

Challenge #24 has been conquered! 

Very similar results, but I added an Auto Field icon to load smaller data types compared to the defaults.

ggruccio
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Didn't read everyone's posts so I kept trying to solve for very minor differences in ARIMA output (thought maybe I truncated decimals....tried ETS instead of ARIMA etc.) but was glad to see everyone had similar issues once I went to post my solution.

LandonG
8 - Asteroid

Really fun challenge.