Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #24: ARIMA Time Series

rayJ
8 - Asteroid

Same process, first time using ARIMA in Alteryx instead of R. Much faster and most components are here as well.

aiahwieder
8 - Asteroid

As nearly as I can tell, this solution should work . . . however, my monthly and annual averages seem to be imperceptibly off, and the resulting forecast refuses to match . . .

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

A nice little intro to the Time Series tools. People are scared of these tools but you really don't need to be.

You should be scared of people who use Alteryx in vertical mode.

Savages.

Spoiler
I first of all used two sum tools to group by the aggregations required, first Year and month, then by Year. To these I applied the average of the units.
Once I had smooshed these back together, I used a formula to impute these averages, first monthly, and then annually for those where no monthly average could be calculated.
Then I simply fed the data into the ARIMA tool and then into the TS Forecast tool to get the calculations.

Workflow.PNG

mceleavey_0-1612281857969.png

I get a very slight difference in the results but I'm putting that down to reasons.

M.

Bulien

KilianL
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Which Join Tool is your favorite here? I picked the Join Multiple.

Spoiler
024 - ARIMA - Kilian.png
Hub119
8 - Asteroid

Solution attached.

BeginnerMindset
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
BeginnerMindset_0-1613224774517.png

Eilean_
8 - Asteroid

RT

alexnajm
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Great challenge!

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

My first of the predictive challenges - minor variation in the confidence interval values as noted by most posters.

mot
11 - Bolide

Solution attached.