Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #24: ARIMA Time Series

DavidLane
8 - Asteroid

Had not used the ARIMA time series predictive tool before so this was a nice intro.

Spoiler
DavidLane_0-1590322871394.png

jarrod
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Forecasts are spot on, but the min/max's are off a bit.. 

Spoiler
jarrod_0-1590607483697.png

Need to average annual and monthly for back filling null months.

Lucatelli
8 - Asteroid

Please find attached my proposed solution.

iakovidc
7 - Meteor
Spoiler
challenge 24.PNG
maazinh
8 - Asteroid

Kept wondering why my values were off by a bit until I read the comments!

mattreynolds
9 - Comet

Dusted off the ol' econometrics book. Was able to get very close, but not spot on to the expect output. Checked against the solution - possibly a difference between versions?

neilgc
5 - Atom

Hi All,

This is my first weekly challenge submission!

I did each step quite broken out but would probably go back and reduce the steps if this was a production model. Also, I found that I had to order the data to get the right predictions, and set the number of units as an integer (which makes sense because you can't have non-whole units).

Spoiler
flow.PNGresult.PNG

treepruner
9 - Comet

Looks like if you have decimals in the averages your forecast will be a little different. Makes real world sense, but I'm too lazy to change it now...

treepruner
9 - Comet

I don't quite match the results, but I think it is because I have fractional units in my averages

FlorianC
Alteryx
Alteryx

As others have mentioned, I had to update the expected results with the values from the solution file in order to get the output data to match.

Spoiler
WorkflowWorkflow
Florian Carrier
Strategic Solution Consultant
Alteryx