Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #24: ARIMA Time Series

Benbryans
8 - Asteroid

Going to be using this a lot more now I know how it works!

Ozzy_Campos
8 - Asteroid

Solution Attached.  

T_Willins
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Slightly different forecast than original output, but it is built correctly.  After building I reran and compared to provided solution workflow & it ties. 

Spoiler
Challenge 24.GIF

CRowlatt
8 - Asteroid

Similar issues to everyone else, but a fairly simple challenge!

nnilz
8 - Asteroid

Solution attached

TonyA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Here's my solution.

rachelgatto
8 - Asteroid

Solved. 

arjanloogman
8 - Asteroid

My solution...

Weird thing is, when I run the ARIMA tool on Monthly, it returns the same forecast values as in the solution (NOT same the forecast highs and lows, however). When I run it on Weekly (as should be done according to the assignment and the solution), the forecast values are off by at least 6...

Am I doing something wrong here? I double checked the settings of both ARIMA and TS Forecast, as well as the corrected unit values...

Kind regards, Arjan Loogman

Ladarthure
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

My solution to the challenge

bkclaw113
9 - Comet

As many others stated a little thrown off by the numbers from my results not matching the target data, but given that the official solution workbook gets the same results as me I will need to assume changes have been made to the ARIMA model since this exercise was first created.