Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #24: ARIMA Time Series

danrh
13 - Pulsar

OldDogNewTricks
10 - Fireball

I have attached my solution, I ended up with more accurate results than the original solution.  I'm guessing because I'm using the newer version of Alteryx which comes with an updated version of R and I'm assuming updates to underlying default assumptions.

When I complete all of the challenges I'll come back to this one and do it in the R Prophet package and see how the results differ.

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

I love it when a plan comes together

Spoiler
Solution 24.png

Dan

Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula
Spoiler
My approach seems pretty similar to others who have posted.
24.PNG
kat
12 - Quasar
Spoiler
Numbers are a tiny bit off...

Challenge #24.PNG
MarMu
8 - Asteroid

Great forecasting exercise!

I'm not able to replicate the exact same result and the ARIMA-tool returns an error as one can see on the snapshot in the spoiler-section. I suspect that the ARIMA and forecast implementation has been changed in a later version. However I managed to hit the forecast correctly down to the 11th decimal. I conclude that it is close enough. The confidence intervals, however fluctuates +-1 unit(s). I tried to download the official solution and that has the same issue.

Spoiler
challenge_24_start_file_MarMu.png
OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

I ended up with slightly different results, but I think that's due to using a different version of Alteryx, as I got the same results as the solution workflow output.

Spoiler
Spoiler
challenge 24.PNG
jevon
8 - Asteroid

Slightly different values to the output file given in the start file. Downloaded and ran the solution workflow and came out with the same values as I did. Different values most likely due to a difference in the versions of the Arima tool being used.

Spoiler
24.PNG
Inactive User
Not applicable

I couldn't get the numbers to match exactly. I opened and ran the solution on my computer to compare to mine and it didn't output the exact same as the given output. So I think this is close enough :) 

StevenBetts
8 - Asteroid

Here's my solution! :)

Spoiler
Challenge 24.jpg