Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #24: ARIMA Time Series

danrh
13 - Pulsar

OldDogNewTricks
10 - Fireball

I have attached my solution, I ended up with more accurate results than the original solution.  I'm guessing because I'm using the newer version of Alteryx which comes with an updated version of R and I'm assuming updates to underlying default assumptions.

When I complete all of the challenges I'll come back to this one and do it in the R Prophet package and see how the results differ.

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

I love it when a plan comes together

Spoiler
Solution 24.png

Dan

Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula
Spoiler
My approach seems pretty similar to others who have posted.
24.PNG
kat
12 - Quasar
Spoiler
Numbers are a tiny bit off...

Challenge #24.PNG
MarMu
8 - Asteroid

Great forecasting exercise!

I'm not able to replicate the exact same result and the ARIMA-tool returns an error as one can see on the snapshot in the spoiler-section. I suspect that the ARIMA and forecast implementation has been changed in a later version. However I managed to hit the forecast correctly down to the 11th decimal. I conclude that it is close enough. The confidence intervals, however fluctuates +-1 unit(s). I tried to download the official solution and that has the same issue.

Spoiler
challenge_24_start_file_MarMu.png
OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

I ended up with slightly different results, but I think that's due to using a different version of Alteryx, as I got the same results as the solution workflow output.

Spoiler
Spoiler
challenge 24.PNG
jevon
8 - Asteroid

Slightly different values to the output file given in the start file. Downloaded and ran the solution workflow and came out with the same values as I did. Different values most likely due to a difference in the versions of the Arima tool being used.

Spoiler
24.PNG
Inactive User
Not applicable

I couldn't get the numbers to match exactly. I opened and ran the solution on my computer to compare to mine and it didn't output the exact same as the given output. So I think this is close enough :) 

StevenBetts
8 - Asteroid

Here's my solution! :)

Spoiler
Challenge 24.jpg