Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #24: ARIMA Time Series

dsmdavid
11 - Bolide

As mentioned by others, slightly different values -- I changed "units" to double to be able to use the decimals in the average. Took me ages to realize I needed the TS forecast to visualize output...

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Predictive can vex and perplex me... but here it is. Solution attached.

Spoiler
challenge_24 - Snip.PNG
jasperlch
12 - Quasar

Solution attached.

datavizbro
5 - Atom

Done! In my solution I first checked how the ARIMA performed against the ETS model by scoring each against the last 6 weeks of withheld data and then used the scored ARIMA model's settings instead of AUTO settings as these may be different to the scored model. This is perhaps the reason why some get slightly different results as the settings aren't set manually.

dsmdavid
11 - Bolide

Slightly different results, partly because I changed Units to "double" to take the monthly/yearly average 

michalsicak
7 - Meteor

my solution is very similar to some of the others. time series forecast made easy! 

Spoiler
challenge24.png

aclaxton
8 - Asteroid

That was a fun one! I might have to bring this tool combo into my daily work...

Spoiler
Week 24.png
MaxGiegerich
8 - Asteroid

Also got some minor differences to the answer due to field type rounding I believe. Thanks!

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Challenge Completed

KOBoyle
11 - Bolide

Solution attached. The was my first exposure to the predictive tools, and it was very useful. I first did this problem a couple of months ago, and it worked fine. However, I was reviewing it recently on a new laptop, and the ARIMA tool was throwing an error. I see that a couple of others have encountered the error too.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Advanced-Analytics/ARIMA-Error-in-searchDir-dbDir-lang-expecting-a-...

I hope Alteryx can figure out how to reproduce and resolve it.

-Ken