Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #239: SEND + MORE = MONEY

Watermark
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

MIS POSTED wrong challenge - ignore

LiuZhang
9 - Comet
Spoiler
239 - 1.png239 - 2.png239 - 3.png

Went for brute force method as well. Was think setup a macro to generate rows, but I found it is easier just to do copy & paste as answer workflow did. Added filter just to reduce output rows.

Run under 1 minute with AMP engine. 

Not a dynamic solution.

joelmiller66
9 - Comet
Spoiler
239 screenshot.jpg
scoles0617
8 - Asteroid

My solution:

SylwiaDragon
8 - Asteroid

Done. It reminds me of sudoku.

TonyAndriani
9 - Comet

Reposting under my new user ID.

mmontgomery
10 - Fireball

Challenge #239. Worked through assumptions and concluded M=1; O=0; S=9. Randomly assigned other variables into an iterative macro that can take seconds to a few minutes.

mpennington
11 - Bolide

Most of the methods I tried were taking a long time to calc, based on brute force. After trying a Pandas Python frame I noticed someone else utilize, I had to go that route, a 5 second calc was just insane compared to the brute force methodology.  Couldn't have gotten this without other contributors in the community.

Spoiler
MP 239b.jpgMP 239a.jpg
TramNguyenNgoc
8 - Asteroid

Challenges about Letter, puzzles like this are always fun but also tough!

Spoiler
TramNguyenNgoc_0-1659085239746.png

JamesCharnley
13 - Pulsar
Spoiler
JamesCharnley_0-1659344455598.pngJamesCharnley_1-1659344498731.pngJamesCharnley_2-1659344515439.png

Sometimes I think I'm getting good at Alteryx and then I end up doing a challenge with a brute force like this! In retrospect I obviously should have set positional conditions before running it through the macro.