Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #237: Wareki

jasperlch
12 - Quasar
Spoiler
Capture.PNG
Tokimatsu
12 - Quasar

Solved with macro and without macro.

Spoiler
2020-10-19_12h20_06.png

T_Willins
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

I now know much more about Japanese dating systems than I did before this challenge!  At first I thought the challenge answer was incorrect as wouldn't 01-01-1998 be still year one from an era starting 01-15-1997 since it is still inside of the first year of the era?  Research determined the challenge answer is correct and the year designation for the Wareki format is based on the Gregorian calendar year.  So for an era starting 12-31-2030 with an era designation of Y, 01-01-2031 would translate to Y020101!  Fun fact for the next time I get to play Cliff Clavin at the bar.

Spoiler
Macro 237.jpg

rmassambane
10 - Fireball

😃

JustinBabbitt
Alteryx
Alteryx

After peeking at a couple of my favorite contributors' submissions, I think I may have missed some part of the instructions. My solution will detect if there is a date (looking for a "-") being input, and diverge from there... no UI tools. 

Spoiler
JustinBabbitt_0-1603288210947.png

Justin Babbitt
KaneG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Great challenge! I couldn't stop myself from putting extra bits on to make it more Dynamic!

Spoiler
You can select whether you want to adjust the current field or create a new one and choose the name.

The Macro:

KaneG_0-1603429972420.png

And the Interface:

KaneG_1-1603432253990.png

JoshuaGostick
11 - Bolide

My solution

Spoiler
challenge_237.PNG
ConradW
8 - Asteroid

Added in a select field option in the app to add robustness

randreag
11 - Bolide

Spoiler
aruiz-itp_1-1604066012286.png

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

You gotta love a good date-format argument - it's moments like that make family time special.

Spoiler

Solution.png