Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #235: Spell It Out For Me - Part 2

LHolmes
9 - Comet

I took a very non-dynamic, although extremely simple, route that will work for amounts less than one billion.

Spoiler
Two tools.
235 - Solution.PNG

hlmess
7 - Meteor

I made this as dynamic as I could think to with the only assumption being that we won't go below the cent level.

It's needlessly complicated and there are many potential improvements but it's very flexible as is with nothing really hardcoded. 

Spoiler
hlmess_1-1601315766074.png

Tony_Castillo
9 - Comet

Spoiler
TC_bot_0-1601318205976.png

There's commonality between field logic:
1 & 4 & 7
2 & 5 & 8
3 & 6
Seems there is a solution with Dynamic Replace somewhere but don't have the time for a second solution. The attached solves the challenge. Looking forward to seeing more efficient ways to solve from the community.

ggruccio
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus
Spoiler
I created the logic for cents, then dollars and hundreds of dollars, then repeated for thousands and millions.
ggruccio_0-1601322009506.png

TonyA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Here's my solutions. Not hard to get an answer, but it's pretty tedious. I sacrificed some efficiency in an effort to make this easier to follow. Next step would be to adjust "dollars" and "cents" to account for "one dollar" or "one cent." to do that I would probably test the original values from the first exercise instead of mucking around with the number broken into columns.

Spoiler
2020-09-28_14-56-17.png
ngaskill1
7 - Meteor

After having gone through the exercise, I probably could reduce the number of formulas but this works with just a few tools.

Spoiler
ngaskill1_0-1601330433772.png

Nicholas_Norton
8 - Asteroid

Spoiler
snaps56_0-1601331632003.png
After a while, I gave up and used @RolandSchubert's solution as a reference. I'll have to try again after a couple days and see if I can do it on my own.

This one was hard for me, but fun.

Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula
Spoiler
Kenda_0-1601336354216.png

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

Man, that is a lot of Formula...

Spoiler
en-235.PNG

DaisukeTsuchiya
13 - Pulsar

Wokflow could be simplified more. Used formula is not complicatd but many tool are used.

Spoiler
キャプチャ.JPG