Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #229: Trend Analysis

DaisukeTsuchiya
13 - Pulsar

Done with Formula. But Tableau is much easier... 

Spoiler
キャプチャ.JPG
etzele
8 - Asteroid

Never thought about exporting my workflow to PowerPoint, but good to know it works!

Spoiler
etzele_0-1597677393847.png

Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula
Spoiler
Kenda_0-1597677846834.png

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Yes, I also cheated with the Python tool.

Spoiler
ReportReportTrend CalcTrend CalcWorkflowWorkflow
Spalders
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
A bit of a clunky solution cutting and pasting the Trendline calculation for each data set
phottovy
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

My solution:

Spoiler
229.PNG229a.png
OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

I matched the styling fairly closely, but I didn't truncate the axes as it is definitely not best practice with bar charts...

Spoiler
WorkflowWorkflowOutput in pptOutput in ppt
hanykowska
11 - Bolide

Nice!

Spoiler
At first, I thought about using predictive tools - linear regression in particular but couldn't get the line information out of it. So I solved it implementing the trend line calculations as attached to the challenge. then I went back to predictive and used the score tool to predict the values from the linear regression which gets the same result but with my custom macro I can easily write down the calculation for the trend line
hanykowska_1-1597685969571.png
image.png
Trend line implementation:

hanykowska_0-1597686344151.png

LHolmes
9 - Comet

Super challenge! Really enjoy the mathematical analysis. Always get new ideas and learn new ways to configure when playing with reporting tools.

Spoiler
229 - Solution.PNG
229 - Powerpoint.PNG
RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula
Spoiler
229.png

My solution.