Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #228: Know Your Boundaries

Very Good Challenge 

and i tried to make it dynamic as much as i can 

cplewis90
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Fun challenge! I don't feel like my solution is not the most efficient but it worked out. I need to practice spatial more often is the lesson I take away from this

Spoiler
cplewis90_0-1597327848352.png
aihua
Alteryx
Alteryx

Used Multi-Field Bin Tool to separate the states into two groups - one from the west side of the River, one from the east side of the River (not necessary works in all cases with bin tool, but in this case yes). Then via buffer tool we can create a polygon that approximates the River.

Second step is to get the intersected areas between the start & end polygon and the River. Then create a inverse intersection object between the above processed polygon and the River. Lastly, splitting the further processed polygon into the regions will get us the result.

Final_Result.png

Nick612Haylund
10 - Fireball
10 - Fireball

Glad I could lean on @johnemery for this week 🙂 Time for a trip now that we know how far we're going!

Spoiler
nick612haylund_1-1597374871381.png

FredNajjar
9 - Comet
Spoiler
Screenshot_1.png
rmassambane
10 - Fireball

jiachern
6 - Meteoroid

First time using spatial tools, definitely took me A LOT of Mississippis.

My solution involves creating a two rectangular boundaries using the max/min X and Y-coordinates of the map and start/end points.

Looking forward to see the other solutions!

jiachern_0-1597475446832.png

jiachern_1-1597475899382.png

mustel
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
mustel_0-1597530605470.png

I only starting learning spatial objects yesterday and thought I would try out a challenge.

It works but I seem to have used a lot more tools and over-complicated it compared to others!

randreag
11 - Bolide

here the solution

NS4
7 - Meteor

Nice one for spatial practice

Spoiler
Challenge_228.PNG